Asylum of the Daleks

One last hit before doing homework! I swear.

For a little over eight months I was deprived of kick-ass science fiction eyegasmics *insert sad face here*. I tried watching some sci-fi / dystopian flicks (A Clockwork Orange, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Womb, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Delicatessen, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, X-Men, Mission Impossible, et cetera), but even seeing the Star Wars series for the third time would not seem to fill the void *insert another sad face here-- make it super sad*.

I guess I got too attached to Doctor Who (2005 and beyond serials, at least) so I may have been overrating it a little. Pero I swear on (my sister) Jill's flaming red locks that it's so fuckin' awesome! If you have been following Tumblogs dedicated to Harry Potter (or anything British for that matter), you might have already heard of it. If you still are clueless as to what it is, my friend (kung meron hahahahaha /wrist), you better start watching!

Two days ago, Doctor Who released the first episode of its 7th (2005) serial! It was only then when a friend tweeted about it that I found out. Boo.

Now here are my favorite screenshots. All hail Moffat!

I did miss the Daleks a little, but I'm starting to get tired of them.
Amy Pond 
"You have to sign these" said The Lone Centurion, divorce papers in hand :-( 
"Save us", cried the Daleks. Super plot twist! 
Another plot twist!
Doctor: You think hatred is beautiful?
Dalek Prime Minister: Perhaps it is why we have never been able to kill you.
Burn, Doctor, buuuurn.

Oswin Oswald
Then comes the newest companion, Oswin Oswald, portrayed by Jenna-Louise Coleman. I do think she's pretty, but the Ponds are too appealing to be left on Earth :-(

The Eleventh Doctor
I sort of did not miss this face, though. I have seen it in Womb and in Christopher and His Kind while waiting for the Asylum to come out. I find him attractive (probably mostly because he has played both sensual and homosexual roles in the aforementioned films), but David Tennant's still my favorite Doctor. Siya si Barty Couch Jr. eh hahahaha /Harry Potter bias



The Ponds :-)
Rory tries to give Amy his bracelet. The Doctor explained that love slows the Dalek infection, and Rory justifies that by "coldly and logically" asserting that he has always loved her more than she loves him, invoking his 2000-year vigil "The Pandorica Opens". Amy angrily replies that she loves him equally, but gave him up since she is infertile as a result of the events of "A Good Man Goes to War" and thus unable to bear the children she knows that he has always desired. 
-- Wikipedia 
Sorry for the spoilers. I'm not really River Song material. Also, unlike Tito Sotto, I always cite my references so woohoo! Hahaha.


Do watch it! It's good! Then let's talk about it! They don't air Doctor Who here in the Philippines, but you can always employ your magical pirate skillz, right? Click here hihihi

This entry was posted on Monday, September 3 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.